2020 = Obvious Next Actions + Clarity
December 29, 2019
The end of a decade is upon us. Are we better off than we were 10 years ago?
In the endless up and downs of culture, media, and news, we may be convinced that everything from technology to politics to global warming is making our world worse.
It's not for me to say who is right and wrong, but I do know that:
- the meaning we give things...
- the thoughts we endlessly generate...
- and the opinions and beliefs we form...
are all fluid perceptions. They may not always seem that way, but it is a fact of life.
What's bad now may be good someday. What's good today may be bad soon.
Who really knows how you, I, the world, or humanity has fared in the last decade?
I read an article this week that shares a positive perspective:
Here are some highlights:
- "Extreme poverty has fallen below 10 per cent of the world’s population for the first time."
- "Global inequality has been plunging as Africa and Asia experience faster economic growth than Europe and North America"
- "child mortality has fallen to record low levels"
- "famine virtually went extinct"
- "malaria, polio and heart disease are all in decline."
Whatever you think about the last decade, time will tell if we're better off now than we were 10 years ago.
What matters now is clearing our view and looking forward.
Not necessarily to plan, commit, and execute some grand vision of a future, but to let go of the past in order to allow in clarity today.
The road to success is paved by taking our life's obvious next steps with the wisdom of a clear mind.
Wishing you a lighter, clearer, and more fun 2020.
The latest thinking and insights of New Success — a brand-new way to finally achieving long-lasting personal and professional success.